Screenshot by PC Invasion
Hogwarts Legacy has several Animal Symbol Door Puzzles. One of these happens to be in the Potions Classroom Long Gallery. You won’t have access to this area at the start of the game. As such, you’ll need to progress further until you obtain the Alohomora spell. Here’s our Hogwarts Legacy Potions Classroom Door Puzzle guide to help you solve this particular brain teaser.
Note: For more information, check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides and features hub.
Hogwarts Legacy Potions Classroom Door Puzzle guide
To solve the Potions Classroom Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll want to use the same Floo Flames fast travel point. Then, make a left as you’re facing the classroom and go down the stone steps. You’ll reach a corridor with a locked door and, beyond that, is the Long Gallery. At the end of the Long Gallery, you’ll see the puzzle itself near several trolls in display cases. To solve, it, remember the following clues:
- Similar to other puzzles of this type, each animal symbol corresponds to a number from zero to nine, going from the bottom-left of the arch to the bottom-right.
- Interact with the puzzle by pressing the “F” key to see the equation. There are two sets that require unknown symbols (i.e., “?” for the top equation and “??” for the bottom equation).
- You’ll notice a number in the center of each equation. This represents the sum of the numbers and/or symbols around it.
Given the above, we can solve the Potions Classroom Door Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy by doing the following:
- Top equation (“?”) requires the Elephant (2) -> 12 + Spider (8) + Elephant (2) = 22. The plate is to your left.
- Bottom equation (“??”) requires the Unicorn (1) -> Cthulhu (7) + Unicorn (1) + Unicorn (1) = 9. The plate is next to the troll display to your right.
For your efforts, you’ll receive an item for your Collections tab and a random gear piece. Moreover, there’s a Field Guide Page that you can pick up if you cast Revelio in front of the painting. In any case, don’t forget to check out all the other Hogwarts Legacy Animal Symbol Door Puzzles to obtain nifty rewards.
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.